Thursday, March 8, 2007
Where is the money coming from?
Measure 66. In 1998 Oregon Voters passed Measure 66 that allocated 15% of net lottery proceeds to fund new parks, beaches, salmon, wildlife habitat, and watershed protection. Of that 15%, half was dedicated to create/maintain state parks, ocean shores, public beach access areas, historic sites, and recreation areas. The other half is meant for single agency to administer funds to protect native salmon, wildlife habitat, and watersheds. Measure 66 only uses 15% of lottery proceeds for funding of parks while the other 85% of the proceeds already go to job creation, economic development, and public education.
Posted by Rob at 7:21 PM